April 24, 2018
Marriott launches home-rental program
Marriott introduced the program with 212 London-area homes, which are accessible through both the TributePortfolioHomes.com website and through a link on Marriott's home page.Read more
Hospitality Technology magazine has released the results of its second annual Customer Engagement Technology Study. The study findings show that four major trends are fueling the growth of CETS. These include: consumer technologies, social, mobile and convergence.
The merging of consumer technologies, social media, and mobility create new expectations and opportunities to deliver guest services and to enhance guest experiences. With social media apps integrated into every new mobile device, most social media usage and Internet activity now occurs through mobile devices. Travelers are at the epicenter of this convergence trend; it epitomizes their lifestyles.
Key findings reveal:
- By 2015, 85% of restaurants and 91% of hotels will have a mobile website.
- 72% of hotel apps have the ability to reserve a room.
- 96% of restaurants display menus on their mobile apps.
- By 2015, 53% of restaurants and 39% of hotels plan to offer mobile payment.
- Interactive digital signage ranked high both in business impact and customer engagement for both restaurants and hotels.
- Facebook (90%) and Twitter (78%) get the most use by restaurants and hotels.
- Social media is the most-used interactive tool by restaurants (89%) and hotels (91%).
Download the full report at Hospitality Technology
Visit our sponsors: