December 13, 2018
Hotelbeds: Year-end review and forecast trends for 2019
2018 has been yet another year where growth in the intermediary market for hotel sales has outstripped the growth in the direct channel for the hotels.Read more
Taken from the PI Datametrics Digital Travel Report, here are some stats on digital travel and SEO, as well as popular search terms and how they change during seasonal peaks.
Globally, we spend more on travel related goods than in any other industry. This is supported by consistent growth in digital travel sales across the board in every region, and by organic search, as people are increasingly searching and increasingly buying online.
Digital Travel Statistics: Online Growth
- By the end of 2015, digital travel sales in Western Europe totalled $152 billion, up 8.0% from the previous year
- Worldwide digital travel sales totalled more than $533 billion in 2015
- By 2019, worldwide digital travel sales will top $762 billion
Digital travel sales are up in every region globally
There is growth in every major region, but the growth of total travel sales in Asia Pacific looks set to be the biggest market region by 2018. As always, the largest markets are the ones expected to experience the most market saturation (Western Europe and North America), while rising stars (i.e. Asia Pacific and Latin America) are predicted to show significant growth over the coming years.
- Latin America Sales predicted to increase the most of all – by 122% between 2014 – 2019
- Asia-Pacific to surpass North America as the largest digital travel market in the world.
- Western Europe sales predicted to increase the least of all – by only 32% between 2014 – 2019
Get the full story at Pi Datametrics
Visit our sponsors: