Six major online travel agencies and booking platforms in Asia and Europe will gain direct connections to the world’s leading hotel reservation systems after connecting with SiteMinder’s Room Distribution Exchange (RDX) via SiteMinder’s channel connectivity API, SiteConnect.
The OTAs that have plugged into the RDX channel connectivity platform are:
*Best Hotel Online - a Hong Kong based booking site primarily servicing South East Asia and representing more than 125,000 hotels in 248 countries. Ranked as one of the fastest growing OTAs in Asia, Best Hotel Online also boasts a new and popular iOS application for mobile
bookings – http://www.besthotelonline.com.
* Hotusa – a major Spanish reservations site representing over 2500 properties in 50 countries, with a focus on smaller, independent hotels in continental Europe – http://www.hotusa.com.
* PegiPegi - One of Indonesia’s largest OTAs for both business and holiday purposes – http://www.pegipegi.com.
* ImpulseFlyer – A membership based site representing hand-picked, luxury hotels in the Asia Pacific region – http://www.impulseflyer.com.
* Prestigia – A UK based site representing over 5000 luxury and boutique properties around the world – http://www.prestigia.com.
* Yuktravel – A major Indonesian site selling rooms for hotels worldwide – http://www.yuktravel.com.
SiteMinder Product Manager, Matt O’Kane, said connectivity challenges faced by fast growing OTAs and established wholesalers around the world had seen an increase in the number of booking sites plugging into SiteMinder’s RDX platform. He said the two-way access gives the booking sites a seamless connection to leading, global Property Management Systems (PMS) and Central Reservation Systems (CRS).
“These six new connections will help hotels around the world gain more efficient access to the growing markets that are serviced by each of these booking sites. On the flip side, booking sites will also find that more properties will connect into their platforms due to the simplicity and cost effectiveness provided by the SiteMinder solution” Mr O’Kane said.
Related Link: Siteminder