As the channels by which hotel rooms are marketed and sold continue to evolve—and inherently move from traditional to digital platforms—experts are embracing the ability to track and measure efforts.
“Digital marketers are no longer holding on to print or TV or radio impressions,” said Bill Carroll, senior hotel and hotel analyst for PhoCusWright. “It’s a new world, and it’s a world where we’re spending considerable amounts of funds on digital media.”
“Before it was all about impressions, but now we can observe click-stream behavior.”
For hoteliers, the most common digital-marketing measurements are:
- increasing revenue;
- increasing incremental visits;
- building greater retention;
- increasing length of stay;
- improving average daily rate;
- increasing loyalty club membership;
- improving leads for group business; and
- improving website traffic overall.
Get the full story at HotelNewsNow.com