There are now indications that Google’s travel sites and content are becoming more integrated into something more interesting and useful for travelers and not simply “me-too” products - as they mostly have been to date.
Among the things things that Google has improved or upgraded over the past year are the following:
- Introduction of an “experimental” service called Flight Explorer, which allows people to see when it might be less expensive to fly to a specific destination
- The ability to gain a more complete understanding of flight costs and other features, such as WiFi, in its Flight Search tool, as well as more control over planning complex itineraries.
- The addition of international flight information and costs
- Inclusion of Zagat ratings and pricing information in the Hotel Finder product
- The global rollout of Google Hotel Finder
Get the full story at The Official Google Search Blog
Article location: http://hotelmarketing.com/index.php/content/article/google_posts_update_on_travel_products